Log in

Each city or town is allowed one Justice for every 5000 residents. A Justice of the Peace is appointed by the Governor’s Council for a 7 year term. You can check with the Secretary of State’s Office to see if there is a vacancy in your city or town and then submit an application. Once you have been approved, you must give an oath and receive your commission at the State House. It is wise to find a Justice of the Peace to provide mentorship and of whom you can ask questions. You are encouraged to join MJPA.

Search MJPA

© 2022 Massachusetts Justices of the Peace Association, Inc.™


Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software